Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Stamp collecting, worth a thought


After having a few conversations with a few mates in work telling me that stamp collecting is quite a profitable business to be in, and after hearing so many stories about people's ancestors collecting them from the start. I have decided to give it a try and collect a few. After typing in rare stamps on ebay I thought to myself phew theres money to be made here, the prices on some of these old but not ancient stamps. I mean I know its been known to be the sadest thing to do, but I suppose it doesn't come close to the saddest of sad of train spotting, Ive seen some stamps selling for loads and loads of money, God people are paying astronomicle amounts of money for little bits of paper, I suppose I would admit that I enjoyed viewing them too on ebay, if its going to make money then bring it on. I might trade as many as i can and see where it gets me in a few years. I mean if it results in a nice wealthy stamp collection, then so be it. I suppose im in the right place to start collecting, giving the amount of mail I recieve.

No comments:

Quantum Artworks